- Warming Pig In Blanket Casserole
- Italian Style Club Sandwich
- Chunky Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Lamb, Apricot and Potato Pie
- Pork with Cider and Honey Stew
- Pork, Apple and Coarse Grain Mustard Pie
- Lamb and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Squab Pie
- Spiced Shepherd’s Pie with Spinach
- Mustard Beef and Mushrooms
- Lamb and Spring Vegetable Pie
Chunky Corn and Bacon Chowder
View our selection of soups.
- 100g Streaky Bacon (cut into lardons)
- 150g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 50g Celery (cut into 10mm dice)
- 7.5g Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 5g Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 500g Tinned Sweetcorn (drained)
- 250g Potatoes (peeled and cut into 10mm dice)
- ½ Bay Leaf
- 750g Water
- 30g Chicken Stock Paste
- 150g Semi Skimmed Milk
- 75g Double Cream
- 1.5g Cayenne Pepper
- 30g Spring Onions (chopped)
- 15g Chopped Chives
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- In the base of a heavy bottom saucepan, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the diced onion, diced celery and chopped garlic; sweat until soft but not brown.
- Add the drained sweetcorn, potatoes, bay leaf, water and chicken stock paste. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the milk and cream. Heat through.
- Puree a little of the soup to act as a thickener.
- Season to taste with the cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the chives and spring onions.