- Warming Pig In Blanket Casserole
- Italian Style Club Sandwich
- Chunky Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Lamb, Apricot and Potato Pie
- Pork with Cider and Honey Stew
- Pork, Apple and Coarse Grain Mustard Pie
- Lamb and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Squab Pie
- Spiced Shepherd’s Pie with Spinach
- Mustard Beef and Mushrooms
- Lamb and Spring Vegetable Pie
Warming Pig In Blanket Casserole
Our chef has come up with an alternative way of using our pigs in blankets.
You could also try our pigs in blankets:
- on a hotdog roll with touch of cranberry sauce, mustard or ketchup as a change to a hotdog—ideal as a quick lunch
- In a hotpot—use them in gravy topped with saute potatoes as a seasonal change to a sausage hotpot!
- as a hot party canape—serve with a honey mustard dip
- as a seasonal substitute for the traditional or all day breakfast
- as an accompaniment to roasted pheasant or partridge
- 350g Cooked Pigs in Blankets
- 100g Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 100g Swede (peeled and cut into dice)
- 100g Parsnips (peeled and cut into dice)
- 100g Red Onions (peeled and cut Into dice)
- 10g Light Vegetable Stock Paste
- 15g Chicken Stock Paste
- 100g Water
- 5g Rapeseed Oil
- 10g Butter
- 100g Single Cream
- 100g Cider
- 2g Paprika
- 25g Béchamel Thickener
- 5g Chopped Sage
- 5g Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 10g Cheese Stock Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, place the oil and butter.
- Add the sage, salt, pepper, carrots, parsnips, swede and red onions. Cook gently without colour until softened.
- Add the paprika, water and cider and reduce slightly.
- Add the single cream and the pigs in blankets. Cook until the core temperature has been reached.
- Add the diluted béchamel thickener.
- Then add the chicken, light vegetable and cheese stock pastes.
- Stir in the flat leaf parsley.
Serve with a plain mash Potato, a couple of Yorkshire puddings, or in a giant Yorkshire pudding.