- Warming Pig In Blanket Casserole
- Italian Style Club Sandwich
- Chunky Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Lamb, Apricot and Potato Pie
- Pork with Cider and Honey Stew
- Pork, Apple and Coarse Grain Mustard Pie
- Lamb and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Squab Pie
- Spiced Shepherd’s Pie with Spinach
- Mustard Beef and Mushrooms
- Lamb and Spring Vegetable Pie
- 15g Cornflour
- 2g Salt
- 2g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 600g Minced Lamb (good quality)
- 15g Rapeseed Oil
- 250g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 2g Ground Bay Leaves
- 5g Allspice
- 30g Chicken Stock Paste
- 30g Lamb Stock Paste
- 500g Water
- 300g Bramley Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 10g Chopped Sage
- 5g Chopped Thyme
- 200g Shortcrust Pastry
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, place the rapeseed oil. Add the salt, coarse ground peppercorns, minced lamb, diced white onions, ground bay leaves, ground allspice, chopped sage and chopped thyme.
- Fry the mince until in starts to colour. Continue to cook until the onions start to soften.
- Then add the water and cook until the meat is cooked through and the onions are soft.
- Add the sliced Bramley apples and then cook until they soften slightly.
- To finish the dish: Add the chicken stock paste and lamb stock paste.
- Add the diluted cornflour and then stir until a smooth sauce has been achieved.
- Place the mixture into a suitable baking dish. Leave to cool slightly.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and then cover the minced lamb mix.
- Brush with egg wash or milk and bake in a moderate oven until the pastry is golden brown.