Butterbean and Chorizo Soup
View our tasty range of soups.
- 100g Chorizo (cut into 10mm dice)
- 600g Butter Beans (drained)
- 175g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 7.5g Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 5g Red Chillies (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 1000g Water
- 40g Chicken Stock Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Zest and Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 25g Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 50ml Olive Oil
- In the base of a heavy bottom saucepan, add the diced chorizo and dry fry until slightly crispy and the oil has been released.
- Remove the chorizo pieces with a slotted spoon. Add the onions to the reserved chorizo oil. Sweat until the onions are soft, then add the garlic and chilli.
- Add the spices and cook for a minute or two before adding the stock and bay leaf.
- Bring up to the boil, add the beans and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice. Return to the simmer and stir in the chopped parsley and crispy diced chorizo.
- Season to taste.