Lemon Spaghetti Soup
View our selection of soups.
- 50g Butter
- 100g Shallots (peeled and cut into 5mm dice)
- 200g Peeled Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 100g Celery (cut into 5mm dice)
- 150g Cooked Chicken Breast (cut into 10mm dice)
- 2 Lemons (Zest and Juice)
- 1000g Water
- 40g Chicken Stock Paste
- 150g Dried Spaghetti
- 100g Double Cream
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 15g Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low heat.
- Add the shallots and carrots and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice to the pan, together with the water and chicken stock paste. Bring slowly to the boil over a low heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and cooked diced chicken to the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the cream. Heat through but do not allow the soup to boil or it will curdle.
- Stir in the chopped flat leaf parsley.