Mediterranean Fish Soup
View our selection of soups.
- 1kg Water
- 500g Mixed Fish (Monkfish, Haddock, Cod) - filleted and cut into chunks
- 25g Butter
- 25g Olive Oil
- 125g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 125g Leeks (cut into 10mm dice)
- 50g Celery (cut into 10mm dice)
- 100g Carrots (peeled and cut into 10mm dice)
- 5g Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 2.5g Mild Curry Powder
- 50ml Vermouth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5g Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the butter and oil and melt.
- Cook the onions for 3 minutes. Add the leek, celery, carrot, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Then add the pieces of fish, salt, pepper and curry powder. Stir for 2–3 minutes, then pour on the vermouth and water.
- Add the herbs and bring to the boil, then simmer for approximately 1 hour with the pan half covered.
- Ensure the fish is cooked through and still maintains its form.