Mixed Seafood Soup
View our selection of soups.
- 75g Butter
- 500g Assorted Fish Fillets (Red Mullet, Snapper)
- 500g Prepared Seafood (Squid and Prawns)
- 200g Crabmeat
- 75g White Onions (cut into thin slices)
- 25g Plain Flour
- 1kg Water
- 40g Fish Stock Paste
- 100g Macaroni Tubes
- Grated Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
- 50g Dry Sherry
- 150g Double Cream
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low heat.
- Add the fish fillets, seafood, crabmeat and sliced onion and cook gently over a low heat for 6 minutes.
- Add the flour to the mixture, stirring thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
- Gradually add the water and fish stock paste, stirring constantly until the soup comes to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the orange zest, orange juice, sherry and double cream.
Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
Heat until the soup has completely warmed through.