Pesto and Potato Soup
View our selection of soups.
- 100g Streaky Bacon (cut into lardons)
- 25g Butter
- 500g Floury Potatoes (cut into 10mm dice)
- 500g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 500g Water
- 20g Chicken Stock Paste
- 500g Semi Skimmed Milk
- 100g Dried Conchigliette Pasta
- 150g Double Cream
- 15g Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 25g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 25g Pesto Sauce
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low heat.
- Add the bacon lardons over a medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and diced onions and cook for approximately 12 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the water, chicken stock paste and milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the conchigliette and simmer for a further 12- 14 minutes.
- Stir in cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chopped parsley and pesto sauce.
- Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.