Pumpkin and Mussel Soup
View our selection of soups.
- 750g Water
- 30g Chicken Stock Paste
- 50g Butter
- 125g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 500g Prepared Pumpkin (cut into 15mm dice)
- 125g Cooked Mussel Meat
- 125g Double Cream
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low heat.
- Add the onion, cover the pan and cook until the onion has softened, yet not coloured.
- Add the pumpkin and continue to cook over a low heat, covered for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and chicken stock paste. Bring to the boil and simmer, partially covered, until the pumpkin is very soft.
- If necessary, add a little more water to lighten the body fo the soup. Taste and add more salt if required. Stick blend until the soup is smooth.
- Bring back to the boil and add the cooked mussel meat and cream.
- Heat through and add the coarse ground peppercorns.