Roasted Courgette, Red Onion and Goats Cheese Flan
A delicious vegetarian dish. View our selection of vegetarian ready meals and frozen vegetables.
200g Shortcrust Pastry
234g Semi Skimmed Milk
234g Double Cream
Coarse Ground Peppercorns
10g Fresh Chives (snipped)
420g Courgettes (cut into 20mm dice)
420g Red Onions (peeled and cut into 15mm wedges)
75g Olive Oil
150g Grated Mature Cheddar
200g Goats Cheese Slices
- Grease and line a 10” quiche dish with the shortcrust pastry. Leave to chill.
- Place the onion wedges and the diced courgettes into a suitable baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil. Roast in a moderate oven until the vegetables are golden and tender. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl: Place the eggs, semi skimmed milk, double cream, salt and coarse ground peppercorns. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth and the eggs are mixed well.
- Add the snipped chives.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar onto the base of the shortcrust pastry. Top with the roasted courgettes and red onion wedges.
- Pour over the egg mixture and then top with the goat’s cheese slices.
- Bake in a moderate oven until the egg mixture has set, the flan is golden brown and the core temperature has been reached.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into portions.