- Deep Fried Camembert with Mediterranean Vegetables
- Bulgar Wheat with Root Vegetables and Halloumi
- Quorn and Pepper Ragout
- Asian Style Mushroom Risotto
- Stilton, Pear and Watercress Tart
- Autumn Vegetable Medley
- Carrot, Pineapple and Pepper Curry
- Mixed Bean and Avocado Chilli
- Roasted Vegetables with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Roasted Courgette, Red Onion and Goats Cheese Flan
- Cauliflower and Pea Risotto with Parmesan
- Penne Pasta with Roasted Courgettes
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Tagine
Roasted Courgette, Red Onion and Goats Cheese Flan
A delicious vegetarian dish. View our selection of vegetarian ready meals and frozen vegetables.
- 200g Shortcrust Pastry
- 4 Eggs
- 234g Semi Skimmed Milk
- 234g Double Cream
- Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- 10g Fresh Chives (snipped)
- 420g Courgettes (cut into 20mm dice)
- 420g Red Onions (peeled and cut into 15mm wedges)
- 75g Olive Oil
- 150g Grated Mature Cheddar
- 200g Goats Cheese Slices
- Grease and line a 10” quiche dish with the shortcrust pastry. Leave to chill.
- Place the onion wedges and the diced courgettes into a suitable baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil. Roast in a moderate oven until the vegetables are golden and tender. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl: Place the eggs, semi skimmed milk, double cream, salt and coarse ground peppercorns. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth and the eggs are mixed well.
- Add the snipped chives.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar onto the base of the shortcrust pastry. Top with the roasted courgettes and red onion wedges.
- Pour over the egg mixture and then top with the goat’s cheese slices.
- Bake in a moderate oven until the egg mixture has set, the flan is golden brown and the core temperature has been reached.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into portions.