Seared Salmon with Brandy and Cream Glazed Penne
A delicious salmon dish. Read about our pink salmon and view the range of salmon we have available.
600g Cooked Penne Pasta
4 x 140–170g Skin-on Salmon Supremes
5g Fresh Garlic (peeled and chopped)
65ml Olive Oil
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
10g Fresh Dill (finely chopped)
325ml Double Cream
140g Button Mushrooms (sliced)
140g White Onions (peeled and cut into 10mm dice)
10g Flat Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- Place the salmon into a bowl. Cover with half the olive oil, half the lemon zest and juice, and half the chopped dill. Leave to marinade for 1 – 2 hours.
- Place the salmon onto a roasting tray. Cook in a moderate hot oven until the salmon is golden brown and cooked through. Ensure the core temperature has been reached.
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the remaining oil. Add the garlic, onions and mushrooms and cook until tender (but without too much colour).
- Add the remaining lemon zest and juice.
- Add the brandy and reduce by half. Add the double cream and cook until it reduces a little.
- Add the penne and coat in the brandy cream sauce. Fold in the chopped flat leaf parsley and the remaining chopped dill. Ensure that the core temperature has been reached.
- Place onto a warmed serving plate and then top with the cooked salmon fillet.