Cauliflower and Pea Risotto with Parmesan
A delicious vegetarian dish. View our selection of vegetarian ready meals and frozen vegetables.
300g Prepared Cauliflower Florets (not too big)
200g Arborio Rice
40g Olive Oil
15g Vegetable Stock Paste
10g Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
200g White Onions (peeled and cut into 10mm dice)
40g Grated Parmesan
7.5g Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, place the oil.
- Sweat the onions without colour and then add the rice. Mix well and then cook for a few minutes.
- Make the stock as per manufacturer’s instructions. Keep warm.
- Add the stock to the rice, a ladle at a time. Once the rice is half cooked add the cauliflower. Try not to stir too much at this stage as this will break the cauliflower down.
- Add the chopped thyme.
- At the end of the cooking process, add the peas and season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Serve in a suitable warmed serving container and sprinkle with grated parmesan.