- Warming Pig In Blanket Casserole
- Italian Style Club Sandwich
- Chunky Corn and Bacon Chowder
- Lamb, Apricot and Potato Pie
- Pork with Cider and Honey Stew
- Pork, Apple and Coarse Grain Mustard Pie
- Lamb and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Squab Pie
- Spiced Shepherd’s Pie with Spinach
- Mustard Beef and Mushrooms
- Lamb and Spring Vegetable Pie
Spiced Shepherd’s Pie with Spinach
- 600g Minced Lamb
- 350g White Onions (cut into 10mm dice)
- 5g Ground Cinnamon
- 50g Plain Flour
- 6g Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 50g Tomato Puree
- 5g Ground Cumin
- 5g Ground Turmeric
- 5g Fresh Mint (chopped)
- 50g Olive Oil
- 200g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 15g Lamb Stock Paste
- 560g Prepared Mashed Potatoes
- In the base of a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the olive oil.
- Seal the mince until browned and total broken up. Drain in a colander to drain the excess fat.
- Return to the pan; add the diced onions, garlic, cinnamon, cumin and turmeric.
- Cook out for approximately 10 minutes to allow the spices to cook out. Add the flour and then mix well. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Make the lamb stock paste as per manufacturer’s instructions. Add this and the tomato puree to the lamb mix; stir until a thick sauce consistency is reached.
- Simmer over a low heat for approximately 1 hour.
- Place the lamb mix into a suitable oven proof dish and allow to settle.
- Lay the raw spinach over the top of the lamb filling.
- Cover with the mashed potatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake until golden brown and the core temperature has been reached.