Pan Fried Chicken with Roasted Squash, Sweet Potatoes and Mixed Peppers
View our range of poultry and poultry dishes available.
4 x 140g Skinless / boneless chicken supremes
80g Olive oil
5g Chopped sage
5g Chopped garlic
224g Sweet potato (cut into 20mm dice)
224g Butternut squash (cut into 20mm dice)
224g Mixed peppers (cut into 20mm dice)
50g Olive Oil
1g Coarse ground peppercorns
5g Fresh Chopped Thyme
- Cut little slashes in the flesh of the chicken breast with a sharp knife.
- Mix together the olive oil, sage and garlic until combined, pour over the chicken breast and then rub a little of the dressing into the chicken.
- Leave to marinade for a minimum of 4 hours, this can be done overnight if wished.
- Place into a roasting tray the sweet potato, butternut squash and mixed peppers. Pour over the olive oil and add the seasoning and chopped thyme. Mix together well and bake in a moderate hot oven until the core temperature has been reached and the potatoes are tender.
- Place a medium sized frying pan onto the stove.
- Place the chicken into the hot pan and start to lightly shallow fry, taking care not to cook the chicken too quickly.
- Turn the chicken over and baste with the dressing in the pan. Finish cooking the chicken ensuring that the core temperature has been reached.
- Place a spoonful of the roasted vegetables into the middle of a suitable serving dish and then place the chicken breast on top. The chicken can be sliced and presented if preferred.
- Drizzle with a little of the juices from the vegetables and the cooked chicken.