- Roasted Mackerel with Thyme
- Spiced Mackerel
- Apricot and Honey Stuffed Mackerel
- Greek Style Mackerel
- Roast Cod with Curried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Haddock with Coarse Grain Mustard Crust
- Fish Pie with Smoked Salmon & Prawns
- Cod Loin Fillet Marinated with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Seared Salmon with Brandy and Cream Glazed Penne
- Cod Boulangere
- Roast Cod with Parma Ham
- Somerset Style Fish Casserole
- Cod with Fennel and Green Beans
- Salmon Fillet with Spinach, Carrot and Roasted Grape Salad
- Salmon Fillet Marinated with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Roasted Salmon Supreme with Nicoise-Style Salad
Cod Loin Fillet Marinated with Lemon and Olive Oil
Cod loin fillet marinated with lemon and olive oil, served with a medley of green beans, peas and asparagus.
Read about our Pacific cod and Atlantic cod. View the range of frozen cod and fish dishes we have available.
- 4 x 140g Cod Loin Fillets
- 1 Lemon (zest and Juice)
- 100ml Olive Oil
- 35ml White Wine or Cider Vinegar
- 15g Dijon Mustard
- 20g Soft Brown Sugar
- 168g Sliced Green Beans (blanched)
- 168g Garden Peas
- 168g Baby Asparagus (blanched)
- 5g Chopped Mint
- 56g Butter
- 28g Olive Oil
- 1g Salt
- 1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
- Mix together the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and soft brown sugar.
- Pour over the cod loin fillet and leave to marinade for at least 4 – 6 hours. This step can be done overnight if required.
- The cod can be either grilled or roasted for this recipe.
a) If grilling set the grill to a medium heat and place the cod on a lower shelf, and turn halfway through the cooking process. Baste with the dressing. Ensure the core temperature has been reached.
b) If roasting then place in a moderate hot oven and then turn halfway through the cooking process. Baste with the dressing. Ensure the core temperature has been reached.
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat the olive oil and the butter, then add the beans, peas and asparagus. Toss gently in the pan until warmed through.
- Fold in the chopped mint and then season with the salt and pepper.
- Place a spoonful of the asparagus and pea mix onto a warmed serving plate and then top with the cod loin fillet.
- Drizzle with a little of the liquid from the cooked cod.