- Roasted Mackerel with Thyme
- Spiced Mackerel
- Apricot and Honey Stuffed Mackerel
- Greek Style Mackerel
- Roast Cod with Curried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Haddock with Coarse Grain Mustard Crust
- Fish Pie with Smoked Salmon & Prawns
- Cod Loin Fillet Marinated with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Seared Salmon with Brandy and Cream Glazed Penne
- Cod Boulangere
- Roast Cod with Parma Ham
- Somerset Style Fish Casserole
- Cod with Fennel and Green Beans
- Salmon Fillet with Spinach, Carrot and Roasted Grape Salad
- Salmon Fillet Marinated with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Roasted Salmon Supreme with Nicoise-Style Salad
Roasted Mackerel with Thyme
- 10 Plain Mackerel Fillets (code 02160)
- 280g Red Peppers
- 420g Red Onions
- 420g Courgettes
- 140g Potatoes Midds
- 250g Aubergines
- 40g Fresh Garlic
- 90ml Olive Oil
- 45ml Honey
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 25g Fresh Thyme
1. Make a dressing with the honey, olive oil, zest and juice of the lemons, and half the chopped thyme.
2. Cut some slashes into the mackerel and then place into a bowl. Pour over half the marinade and combine well. Leave to marinade for about 1–2 hours.
3. De-seed the peppers and cut into ½ inch dice. Peel and cut the red onions into ½ inch dice. Cut the courgettes into ½ inch dice. Cut the aubergines into ½ inch dice. Cut the potatoes into ½ inch dice, steam until tender, drain and cool. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
4. Pre-heat an oven to approximately 375 degrees C.
5. Place the vegetables with the chopped garlic into a roasting tray, pour over a little of the remaining marinade. Toss together well and place into the oven for about 30 minutes, take out of the oven and drizzle the remaining marinade and thyme. Place back in the oven and roast for a further 15 minutes.
6. Place the mackerel onto baking tray and roast in the pre-heated oven for approximately 35 minutes until the fish is tender.
7. Place the roasted vegetables onto a warmed serving plate and then place the roasted mackerel on top. Drizzle with the cooking liquor from the vegetables and fish.