Stilton, Pear and Watercress Tart
A delicious vegetarian dish. View our selection of vegetarian ready meals and frozen vegetables.
200g Shortcrust Pastry
4 x Eggs Size 2
190g Semi Skimmed Milk
1g Coarse Ground Peppercorns
6g Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
190g Single Cream
65g Grated Stilton or Stilton Crumb
18g Chopped Watercress
200g Pears (peeled and sliced)
150g Grated Mature Cheddar
- Roll and line an 8” quiche dish with the shortcrust pastry.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt, coarse ground peppercorns, semi-skimmed milk and single cream. Mix together well.
- Stir in the chopped flat leaf parsley, stilton and chopped watercress.
- Place the sliced pears in the bottom of the lined quiche dish.
- Pour over the stilton and watercress egg mix.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheddar.
- Bake in a moderate pre-heated oven until the quiche is golden brown and the egg mix set.